Do you want to learn more about mental health and help your community? We offer free, online and live training sessions (5 sessions) on topics such as:
- the importance of mental health to overall health;
- cultural perceptions and stigma relating to mental health;
- fundamentals of mental health; common diagnoses;
- socio-ecological and structural factors that impact mental health (e.g. racism; poverty; violence, etc.);
- how to help someone experiencing signs of mental illness or in crisis;
- how to advocate for yourself; how to lead and facilitate conversations around mental health;
- acting as a peer navigator: how to connect people to community resources and providers.
Our online training is in English and in Spanish, takes place over five weeks, and includes five online lessons with accompanying weekly live sessions which are 60-75 min each. Our training is facilitated (in English and in Spanish) by mental health experts and licensed mental health practitioners. Those who complete training in entirety will receive a certificate of completion, a modest stipend of $250, and will be eligible to engage Mental Health Matters community events as Peer Mental Health Navigators.
Peer Mental Health Navigator Training in Spanish!
*The May 2022 Spanish Cohort is now full. You can email us at Info@MentalHealthMattersWA to join our next cohort in Fall or Winter.
Nuestra formación en español ya está completa. Sin embargo, envíenos un correo electrónico si está interesado en futuras capacitaciones y lo ayudaremos a inscribirse en la próxima.
Questions? ¿Preguntas? Contact us at Info@MentalHealthMattersWa.com.
Nohemi Rivera, our MHM Lead Navigator, shares her passion for working with community and reasons why she’s involved as a peer mental health navigator.