For general questions about Mental Health Matters, or our trainings or event registration, please contact us at Info@MentalHealthMattersWA.com or send us a message using the form at the bottom of this page.
Partner with us!
This work takes more than a village! We are always looking to expand our partnerships, collaborators, and advisory board! Please contact us if you would like to discuss ways in which we can work together to promote mental health in the region and across Washington State. Email our MHM program directors, Dr. Jody Early at JEarly3@UW.edu or Sandra Huber at SandraHuberMHMWA@gmail.com or at Info@mentalhealthmattersWAcom. You can also read more about opportunities to serve as a Mental Health Matters program advisor by downloading our informational flyer below.
For 2022-2023, we are seeking expertise on the following topics (*based on community feedback):
- Eliminating stigma about mental health and mental illness
- Cultural perspectives about mental health
- Thriving after adversity
- Social media and mental health
- How to support a friend or loved one experiencing a mental health challenge
- Topics about specific mental health diagnoses and issues such as: bipolar disorder; post-traumatic stress disorder; addiction and substance abuse; screen addiction; depression, anxiety; schizophrenia; etc.
- Addressing racism and contributors to mental health disparities among BIPOC and marginalized groups
- Youth mental health promotion
- Body image and body love
- Factors impacting mental health among LGBTQAI+
- Eating disorders
- Dealing with toxic relationships
- Positive coping strategies
- Suicide and prevention
- Arts-based mental health promotion