Do you want to learn more about mental health and help your community?
We offer free, online and live training sessions (5 sessions) on topics such as:
- the importance of mental health to overall health;
- cultural perceptions and stigma relating to mental health;
- fundamentals of mental health; common diagnoses;
- socio-ecological and structural factors that impact mental health (e.g. racism; poverty; violence, etc.);
- how to help someone experiencing signs of mental illness or in crisis;
- how to advocate for yourself; how to lead and facilitate conversations around mental health;
- acting as a peer navigator: how to connect people to community resources and providers.
Our online training is in English and in Spanish, takes place over six weeks, and includes five online lessons with accompanying weekly live sessions which are 75-90 min each. Our English and Spanish trainings are facilitated by the MHM team with licensed mental health practitioners. Those who complete the training in entirety will receive a certificate of completion, a modest stipend, and will be eligible to participate in Mental Health Matters community events (and serve the broader region) as Peer Mental Health Navigators.
- In English: January 2024. Registration coming in October 2023!
- En Español: Marzo 2024. Las inscripciones se abren en Octubre 2023.
View a flyer in English HERE and el foyeto en Español AQUI
Registration for our Spanish cohort is now closed. El registro ya está cerrado.
We will offer another training in English in Winter of 2023 and another cohort in Spanish in Spring 2024. Ofreceremos otra capacitación en inglés en el invierno de 2023 y otra cohorte en español en la primavera de 2024.
Help others find mental health resources and support
Nohemi Rivera, our MHM Lead Navigator, shares her passion for working with community and reasons why she’s involved as a Peer Mental Health Navigator.
You must be logged in to post a comment.