Mental Health Matters WA (MHM) hosts community events that raise public awareness about mental health and help to break the social stigma about mental health and illness. These events will apply an arts based approach and involve other community partners. Language interpreters and childcare (for on-site events) are provided.
- This event has passed.
Mindful Meditation series (4 sessions) with Dr. Victoria Breckwich Vásquez – Holiday Edition
December 7, 2022 , 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm PST
Are you interested in learning more about mindfulness and meditation? Or, are you someone who practices mindful meditation who would like to connect with others with this same interest? Join us during the month of December for a three-part virtual (ZOOM) series led by Dr. Victoria Breckwich Vasquez!
Session 1: Weds., Dec. 7th from 6:30-7:45 pm
Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation
Its Role in Healing Ourselves and the World
Session 2: Weds., Dec. 14th from 6:30-7:45 pm
Mindfulness of the Body and Potential for Healing
Practicing Forgiveness and Self Compassion
Session 3: Weds., Dec. 21st from 6:30 -7:45 pm
Working with our Emotions
Techniques for Stress Management during the holidays
Sign up using the link or the QR code on the flyer or using the registration form link.
*Please note: This series is taught in English.
- There is no prerequisite or prior experience needed.
- Participants must be prepared to participate in all 3 sessions.
- Participants will be asked to fill out an evaluation of the series.
- Helpful tips:
- Get comfortable. Either sit in a chair, sit on the floor or
- lay down (while staying awake)- do whatever your body finds most nurturing while being careful not to fall asleep.
- You can keep your web camera on or off, whichever you prefer.
- Make sure you have a blanket, cushion, and water/tea nearby.
Meet Your Instructor
Dr. Victoria Breckwich Vásquez is a meditation instructor enrolled in the Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program. She is a longtime practitioner of Insight/Vipassana meditation and teaches in the School of Nursing & Health Studies at the University of Washington Bothell.