Mental Health Matters WA (MHM) hosts community events that raise public awareness about mental health and help to break the social stigma about mental health and illness. These events will apply an arts based approach and involve other community partners. Language interpreters and childcare (for on-site events) are provided.
- This event has passed.
PMHN Training English Cohort
January 8 , 12:00 pm – February 19 , 12:00 pm PST
Do you want to learn more about mental health and help your community? We offer free, online and live training sessions (5 sessions) on topics such as:
- the importance of mental health to overall health;
- cultural perceptions and stigma relating to mental health;
- fundamentals of mental health; common diagnoses;
- socio-ecological and structural factors that impact mental health (e.g. racism; poverty; violence, etc.);
- how to help someone experiencing signs of mental illness or in crisis;
- how to advocate for yourself; how to lead and facilitate conversations around mental health;
- acting as a peer navigator: how to connect people to community resources and providers.
Our online training is in English and in Spanish, takes place over five weeks, and includes five online lessons with accompanying weekly live sessions which are 60-75 min each. Our training is facilitated (in English and in Spanish) by mental health experts and licensed mental health practitioners. Those who complete training in entirety will receive a certificate of completion, a modest stipend of $150, and will be eligible to engage Mental Health Matters community events as Peer Mental Health Navigators.
Download an informational flyer about this training in English.